Lemon or Orange Cookie Bars Recipe
These delicious lemon square cookies can also be made with orange juice ... yummy!
This is one of my favorite recipes for a baby shower and the great thing about it is that each of your guests would also love it due to its unique taste.
Lemon Square Ingredients
3 cups flour
1.5 cup butter
8 teaspoons lemon juice (or substitute orange juice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup icing sugar
2.5 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons sugar
Directions for making delicious lemon or orange squares:
1. Soften the butter in a deep bow and beat till creamyl.
2. Blend sifted flour, half teaspoon baking powder and cup of icing sugar & make a uniform mixture.
3. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
4. Grease well a 12 inch square pan. Spread above mixture in the pan and press firmly.
5. Put the pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes and bring out to cool.
6. Mix eggs and granulated sugar and beat well.
7. In another bowl, mix 5 tablespoons sugar, citrus juice and baking powder. Stir well and add above mixture of eggs and sugar to it.
8. Make a uniform blend of all above and pour it over the baked layer.
9. Again bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
10. Remove from oven and allow cooling.
11. Sprinkle rest of icing sugar over it and cut into small squares.
Arrange your cut citrus squares on a pretty cake display plate or fancy platter!
You can garnish your baked squares with firmly sliced lemon pieces or sliced raspberry or cloud-berry.
You can also use this recipe to make orange squares, if you do not want to use lemon in this recipe. Simply use orange juice instead of lemon juice and your delicious orange squares are ready to be served to your guests.
Garnish it with slender round slices of orange and your amazingly appetizing recipe is all set to lure your guests.