Five Outdoor Thanksgiving Holiday Decor Ideas
1. Make a simple wreath to hang on your front door; decorate it with natural materials and Thanksgiving colors. If you have a large space, use tree branches from your garden bundled and standing in a corner or near the doorway; attach a gourds, nuts, raffia, dried flowers and ribbons.
2. Place a fresh, full colorful potted chrysanthemum by your front door. You can plant it later in the garden, and you'll have flowers for next Thanksgiving to use in bouquets or indoor arrangements.
3. Wrap your front door with burlap or autumn colored oil cloth. Drape grape vines or bittersweet vines around the door frame.
5. Group baskets, pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks, branches and mums near the front entrance. Add grape or bittersweet vines to add some texture and height to the arrangement.
Five Holiday Decorating Tips for Your Home's Interior
2. Tie ribbons and raffia or woven wheat rings around candle holders and at the outer base of floral arrangements.
3. Place fall leaves under your decorations. Keep leaves and other dried natural materials away from flames and candles. Or, use flameless candles.
4. Update silk flower arrangements with fall spikes and branches.
5. Use spray paint to dress up plain or dried gourds. Fill a glass or crystal bowl with fresh, colorful gourds and nuts.