Make creative soap crafts with kids of almost any age, or just enjoy them yourself.
Home made soap crafts make wonderful spa gifts for any occasion!
Home Made Soap Ingredients
- One bar color-free soap or slivers of saved bar soap
- Essential oils of your choice (optional)
- Food coloring of your choice (optional)
- Almond Oil
- Vitamin E Oil (optional)
- Coarse sea salt
- Soap Molds: ice cube molds, cookie cutters, or candy molds, or anything you have on hand to shape your new soaps
Instructions for Making Spa Soaps
1. Shred soap in a blender or food processor, or use a hand grater.
2. Boil a pot of water and put a heatproof glass bowl over the pot to gently heat the bowl.
3. Pour a bit of almond oil into the bowl.
4. Place the soap shreds in the bowl. Mix together. Remove bowl from pot.
5. Pour small amounts of hot water from the pot into the bowl and stir gently until
soap changes into paste.
6. Allow to cool slightly, then add your choice of essential oils, coloring, sea salt and Vitamin E then pour soap into molds.
7. Let your soap cool in the molds, then remove and place on wax paper.
8. Allow soaps to harden and cure for a day or two, then wrap and label.